From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Radeon navi cards and opencl
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 15:51:56
1 On Monday, 30 August 2021 16:08:27 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > Does anyone know whether AMD intend to make their navi cards usable with
5 > opencl under Linux? I have a Radeon Pro W5500, which is a navi 14 card, and
6 > from what I can see neither rocm-opencl nor amdgpu-pro-opencl can drive it.
7 >
8 > Rather spoils the point of upgrading to it.
9
10 AMD have published Linux drivers on their website, but in RPM and .deb
11 formats. I tried one anyway, but installation stops immediately with
12 'unsupported OS'. Not surprising, of course, but is there any way of porting
13 and archive full of .debs so that it can be used in Gentoo?
16 Regards,
17 Peter.