From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev + /usr
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 15:14:49
1 On Thursday, 15. September 2011 16:48:45 Joost Roeleveld wrote:
2 > I agree he is wrong about the solution as well.
3 >
4 > I have actually just posted my idea to the gentoo-dev list to see how the
5 > developers actually feel about possible splitting udev into 2 parts.
6
7 I've read it there. Thanks for doing this.
8
9 > I'm not a good enough programmer to do this myself. But if anyone who can
10 > code and who also agrees with me that my idea for a solution is actually a
11 > good idea, please let me know and lets see how far we can get with
12 > implementing this solution.
13
14 I'm definitely interested in this. I don't know, how many or little I can
15 contribute. Working as a freelancer, I have some time now, but this could
16 change quite fast. I have developed quite a few daemons at the company I
17 worked for the past ~10 years. So I can say, I have some experience in doing
18 things your proposal needs.
19 Feel free to send me PM, if you have questions about me, my knowledge or
20 simply to exchange ideas.
21
22 > --
23 > Joost