From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [NOTE] New default behavior in latest nfs-utils (1.3.2-r1)
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 23:33:02
1 Am Sonntag, 01.02.2015 um 14:41
2 schrieb walt <w41ter@×××××.com>:
3
4 > On 02/01/2015 01:18 PM, walt wrote:
5 > > I was happy with nfs3 until it stopped working for reasons I still
6 > > don't understand :(
7 >
8 > Well, nfs3 still works, but only after failing on the first attempt:
9 >
10 > #mount.nfs a6://usr/portage /usr/portage -o nfsvers=3 hangs
11 > indefinitely until I hit Ctrl-C. If I then repeat the same command
12 > immediately the mount succeeds. This is the mysterious nfs black
13 > magic I've run into many times over the years and makes me dread nfs
14 > updates.
15
16 Here is the postinstall info from the update to nfs-utils-1.3.1-r1.
17 Maybe you run into that.
18
19 "If you use OpenRC, the nfsmount service has been replaced with
20 nfsclient. If you were using nfsmount, please add nfsclient and
21 netmount to the same runlevel as nfsmount."
22
23 Regards
24 wabe