From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get memtest onto a USB drive
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 07:56:41
1 On Saturday 29 Apr 2017 02:50:53 Dale wrote:
2 > Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > On Friday 28 Apr 2017 17:11:47 Dale wrote:
4 > >> This is different but I found this that says it works with your setup.
5 > >> I don't have one like yours, just googled for a possible solution.
6 > >>
7 > >> http://www.memtest86.com/technical.htm#usage
8 > >>
9 > >> If you think that will work, may want to try that memtest. If not,
10 > >> please ignore me. ;-)
11 > >
12 > > Thanks Dale, but I think the problem may be worse than just RAM. The
13 > > attached screen shot shows what I saw when I did boot an image. :-(
14 >
15 > Yep. I think you have a problem that goes beyond what memtest will
16 > reveal. It looks bad. Bummer. May need to gut that rig and put in
17 > some new gear.
18
19 No, it's only a few weeks old, so it's going back for repair or replacement.
22 Regards
23 Peter