From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Shared libraries in Gentoo
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 13:55:31
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 15:20 on Thursday 09 September 2010, Al did
2 opine thusly:
3
4 > > gentoo is run emerge, study output, understand all of it, consider what
5 > > flameeyes has to say about it, wonder if some screw ball fucked up glibc
6 > > yet again, discuss in upgrade meetings, then proceed with lots of other
7 > > crap ad nauseam.
8 >
9 > That's why a was talking of CentOs as fist step. Conservative,
10 > unexperimental approach.
11 >
12 > Then you have those guys, that deal with 130 different machines now.
13 > Once uniformly, they could all do Gentoo debugging and patching. The
14 > distro would instantly work as smooth you want it.
15
16 You are not familiar with my environment. I am.
17
18 We will not use Gentoo here. This is an informed decision and the demonstrable
19 fact that can make me change my mind does not exist.
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com