From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Howto use user CSS with Firefox?
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 11:59:49
1 On Sunday 28 Sep 2008, Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
2 > On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 10:09, Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
3 wrote:
4 > > Many web sites are badly designed in that that they hard-code text input
5 > > fields with a black font but inherit the background colour from your
6 > > desktop, so if you have a suitably Gothic light-on-dark colour scheme you
7 > > cannot read your input. I have solved this with KDE Konqueror by
8 > > supplying a user css page but, for those occasions when you have to use
9 > > it, I want to do the same thing with Firefox. A quick google reveals the
10 > > presence of userContent.css in your profile, so I added my rules, eg,
11 > >
12 > > html->body {
13 > > background-color: white;
14 > > color: black;
15 > > }
16 > >
17 > > input {
18 > > background-color: #E1E7FD;
19 > > color: black;
20 > > }
21 > >
22 > > but it makes absolutely no difference. Anybody had any luck with this?
23 >
24 > Have you looked at Preferences --> Content --> Fonts & Colors -->
25 > Colors...? Uncheck the "Allows pages ..." and set your own
26 > preferences. I've never used it but it looks like it might help.
27
28 I tried that but the rest of the page becomes very white!
29 Cheers..
30 -Robin
31 --
33 Robin Atwood, Bangkok, Thailand.