From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Howto use user CSS with Firefox?
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 20:07:13
1 On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 10:09, Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Many web sites are badly designed in that that they hard-code text input
3 > fields with a black font but inherit the background colour from your desktop,
4 > so if you have a suitably Gothic light-on-dark colour scheme you cannot read
5 > your input. I have solved this with KDE Konqueror by supplying a user css
6 > page but, for those occasions when you have to use it, I want to do the same
7 > thing with Firefox. A quick google reveals the presence of userContent.css in
8 > your profile, so I added my rules, eg,
9 >
10 > html->body {
11 > background-color: white;
12 > color: black;
13 > }
14 >
15 > input {
16 > background-color: #E1E7FD;
17 > color: black;
18 > }
19 >
20 > but it makes absolutely no difference. Anybody had any luck with this?
21
22 Have you looked at Preferences --> Content --> Fonts & Colors -->
23 Colors...? Uncheck the "Allows pages ..." and set your own
24 preferences. I've never used it but it looks like it might help.