From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PosgreSQL - pg_hba.conf localhost access only
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 18:26:00
1 On 04/25/13 18:57, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 >> So pg_hba.conf only controls direct connections to postgreSQL.
3 >
4 >Correct.
5 >
6 >> Since "apache" group is in postgres user; apache was given permission to
7 >> access the database in this case py-passing the setting in pg_hba.conf
8 >
9 >Wrong, Postgresql does not check group-ownership. Your pg_hba.conf file
10 >will have a setting that allows Apache to connect.
11 >
12 >> Is there a way to force sequence:
13 >> Apache/website <-> pg_hba.conf <-> Postgresql
14 >
15 >Postgresql will always read the pg_hba.conf file and use that to determine
16 >who can and can not connect directly to Postgresql.
17 >
18 >--
19 >Joost
20
21 I've tired with this line:
22 local clinic sql-ledger trust
23
24 I can connect to "clinic" database form localhost and any box on the network. It works OK
25 But I when I tried to further limit the database to a single IP, postgresql refused to start.
26
27 local clinic sql-ledger 10.0.0.100/32 trust
31 Joseph