From: "Håkon Alstadheim" <hakon@×××××××××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] minimal / stand-alone mail daemon?
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 06:04:25
1 Den 17. jan. 2017 02:28, skrev Michael Orlitzky:
2 > On 01/16/2017 07:51 PM, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I know that there's a number of "minimal" MTAs which are supposedly
5 >> suitable for the workstation role - such as nullmailer or ssmtp. But,
6 >> they all seem to want to completely avoid dealing with local mailboxes
7 >> and deliver everything to a hub server. What I need is just the
8 >> opposite - a mailer that is completely ignorant of networking but
9 >> understands mail store formats and local aliases so it can deliver
10 >> output from daemons, even if no network is available.
11 >
12 > Postfix should work out-of-the-box:
13 >
14 > https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/mail-mta/postfix
15 >
16 > It's not "minimal," but it's very efficient, and most features are
17 > separated into their own processes that do nothing when not in use.
22 If the guy already knows Exim, I'm pretty sure it would make more sense
23 for him to find out how to make Exim as much "network-ignorant" as
24 possible. Postfix might have the same, or entirely different, "gotchas"
25 for the OP.