From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] minimal / stand-alone mail daemon?
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 01:29:10
1 On 01/16/2017 07:51 PM, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 >
3 > I know that there's a number of "minimal" MTAs which are supposedly
4 > suitable for the workstation role - such as nullmailer or ssmtp. But,
5 > they all seem to want to completely avoid dealing with local mailboxes
6 > and deliver everything to a hub server. What I need is just the
7 > opposite - a mailer that is completely ignorant of networking but
8 > understands mail store formats and local aliases so it can deliver
9 > output from daemons, even if no network is available.
10
11 Postfix should work out-of-the-box:
12
13 https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/mail-mta/postfix
14
15 It's not "minimal," but it's very efficient, and most features are
16 separated into their own processes that do nothing when not in use.