From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gamepad is attached... and what?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 14:52:10
1 On Tuesday 17 March 2009 17:37:40 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
3 > > Hi!
4 > >
5 > > Have bought a gamepad for my son - he plays supertuxkart (USB, "Black
6 > > Warrior Patriot Vibration Gamepad"), attached, added
7 > >
8 > > Section "InputDevice"
9 > > Identifier "joy1"
10 > > Driver "joystick"
11 > > EndSection
12 > >
13 > > to xorg.conf, restarted X (Gnome), and ... what?
14 >
15 > I guess it depends on the version of X.Org. With 1.5.x, you don't need
16 > an xorg.conf entry. You just plug it in and it works. The kernel must
17 > of course have joystick support.
18
19 Aha... Thanks - have looked at the kernel config - have not selected any
20 device in the "Joysticks/Gamepads" (tte list is below). Must I select all the
21 modules with a hope X will be smart enough to load a needed module? Or - which
22 one is appropriate at my case?
23
24 xorg-server 1.5.3-r5 is in use.
25
26 ------------------
27
28 Assassin 3D and MadCatz Panther devices
29 Logitech ADI digital joysticks and gamepads
30 Creative Labs Blaster Cobra gamepad
31 Genius Flight2000 Digital joysticks and gamepads
32 Gravis GrIP joysticks and gamepads
33 Gravis GrIP MultiPort
34 Guillemot joysticks and gamepads
35 InterAct digital joysticks and gamepads
36 Microsoft SideWinder digital joysticks and
37 ThrustMaster DirectConnect joysticks and gamepads
38 I-Force devices
39 Logitech WingMan Warrior joystick
40 LogiCad3d Magellan/SpaceMouse 6dof controllers
41 SpaceTec SpaceOrb/Avenger 6dof controllers
42 SpaceTec SpaceBall 6dof controllers
43 Gravis Stinger gamepad
44 Twiddler as a joystick
45 5-byte Zhenhua RC transmitter