From: Sascha Hlusiak <saschahlusiak@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com>, Momesso Andrea <momesso.andrea@×××××.com>, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gamepad is attached... and what?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 18:38:12
1 Am Dienstag 17 März 2009 15:51:15 schrieb Andrew Gaydenko:
2 > On Tuesday 17 March 2009 17:37:40 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 > > Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
4 > > > Hi!
5 > > >
6 > > > Have bought a gamepad for my son - he plays supertuxkart (USB, "Black
7 > > > Warrior Patriot Vibration Gamepad"), attached, added
8 > > >
9 > > > Section "InputDevice"
10 > > > Identifier "joy1"
11 > > > Driver "joystick"
12 > > > EndSection
13 > > >
14 > > > to xorg.conf, restarted X (Gnome), and ... what?
15 > >
16 > > I guess it depends on the version of X.Org. With 1.5.x, you don't need
17 > > an xorg.conf entry. You just plug it in and it works. The kernel must
18 > > of course have joystick support.
19 Little clarification. The xf86-input-joystick module is to use the joystick as
20 an X input device to control the mouse cursor. It is not needed to play games
21 or to use it in programs that directly use the joystick, like mplayer.
22
23 You can use xf86-input-joystick to control the cursor or to use a joystick in
24 games that do NOT know how to handle joysticks themselves.
25
26 Neither you need joystick in INPUT_DEVICES, nor you need an entry in xorg.conf
27 nor have xorg-server compiled with hal to use a joystick in games the usual
28 way. Appropriate kernel modules and udev will do.
31 - Sascha