From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DNAT not working
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:30:02
1 On Wednesday 16 January 2008, Mick wrote:
2 > On Sunday 13 January 2008, Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I have a box running vmware server where I need some DNAT rules to
6 > > get traffic from a vm to where it belongs. Inserting the rule
7 > > iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -s ... -d ... -p tcp --dport ... -j
8 > > DNAT --to-destination destaddr
9 > >
10 > > gives me:
11 > >
12 > > iptables: No chain/target/match by that name
13 >
14 > before --dport you may need the match option: -m --dport 1234 -j
15 > DNAT ....
16
17 no, his syntax is OK
18
19 > You might also need to specify a policy for PREROUTING before
20 > inserting the rule (but I'm not sure). Try these suggestions one at
21 > a time and see what gives.
22
23 That doesn't matter, a chain always has a policy (ACCEPT by default).
24
25 Most likely he doesn't have the correct module loaded int he kernel
29 Alan McKinnon
30 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
31 --
32 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list