From: fei huang <daniel.huangfei@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] vmware virtual disk expanded but invisible in VM
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 13:55:58
1 On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 9:30 PM, William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
2 wrote:
3
4 > You have extended the partition, but the file system inside still ends
5 > at the old boundary. You will need to resize it - reiserfs can do it (I
6 > know because I do this a couple of times a year :), so I presume that
7 > other, lesser file systems can also do it.
10 thank you for the reply, actually I've heard about this solution, and tried
11 to use
12 resize2fs to expand my filesystem (ext3), the problem is I didn't know how
13 to use
14 it, what does the "new size" parameter mean? the additional size or the new
15 complete
16 size? and the device must be a partition rather than the whole disk,
17 otherwise,
18 it complains "Bad magic number in super-block", and for a partition, it
19 complains size
20 not match or too large. any ideas?
21
22 tks