From: "Frédéric Grosshans" <frederic.grosshans.1995@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No /dev/sda1 with Klingston usb disk. Wrong lsusb output.
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:27:50
1 Le mardi 18 avril 2006 à 06:25 -0700, Richard Fish a écrit :
2 > On 4/18/06, Frédéric Grosshans
3 > <frederic.grosshans.1995@×××××××××××××.org> wrote:
4 > > The first time I saw those 32 MB (a few days ago, when the key worked
5 > > and was almost empty), df -h told me there was 1006 MB left on the key.
6 >
7 > Wait, it worked before under Linux? I don't think you mentioned that
8 > previously. Was this on the same computer?
9
10 1. It worked under Linux, in the very same laptop.
11 I wrote 4 small files on it.
12 Then I plugged it on an old windows PC and wrote a big file (~100MB) on
13 it.
14 Then I unplugged it (maybe badly: I'm not sure)
15 2. And a few days later, I tried to plug it on my linux laptop, with no
16 success.
19 > The other possiblity I can think of is that this is a difference
20 > between the USB 1.1 vs 2.0 interfaces.
21
22 My laptop is a thinkpad R51, and http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/USB_Port
23 says it has usb 2.O
24
25 > I noticed it is the uhci
26 > driver that is interfacing with the device. Does the computer have
27 > 2.0 ports, and if so, do you have the EHCI driver enabled?
28 I have it configured as a module, but it doesn't seem to be loaded.
29
30 > Have you
31 > tried a different port?
32
33 Now I have. And my Guest here have also tried 2 ports of a desktop
34 windows computer.
35
36 > Is this plugged in directly, or through a
37 > hub?
38
39 Directly.
40