From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 19:05:53
1 On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 07:53:34 PM Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 13:21:37 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 > > Oh, I had to switch to sddm for this too. You just change the setting
4 > > from kdm to sddm and it just works. It looks different but it works
5 > > fine. That may have carried over some settings. It selected the user
6 > > and was ready for my password just like kdm did. Again, it looks
7 > > different but it seems to work the same. I suspect one could adjust the
8 > > settings, somewhere, and make it look like kdm if they wanted to.
9 >
10 > That's because kdm is dead. I found sddm a little flakey. On my laptop it
11 > works more or less as expected, but on my desktop, selecting reboot or
12 > power off from the desktop drops me back to sddm without rebooting. I'm
13 > nit sure if this is an issue with sddm or plasma, maybe I'll try slim
14 > instead.
15
16 That could also be caused by polkit, consolekit or similar not allowing the
17 reboot on your desktop.
20 Joost