From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 18:53:55
1 On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 13:21:37 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > Oh, I had to switch to sddm for this too. You just change the setting
4 > from kdm to sddm and it just works. It looks different but it works
5 > fine. That may have carried over some settings. It selected the user
6 > and was ready for my password just like kdm did. Again, it looks
7 > different but it seems to work the same. I suspect one could adjust the
8 > settings, somewhere, and make it look like kdm if they wanted to.
9
10 That's because kdm is dead. I found sddm a little flakey. On my laptop it
11 works more or less as expected, but on my desktop, selecting reboot or
12 power off from the desktop drops me back to sddm without rebooting. I'm
13 nit sure if this is an issue with sddm or plasma, maybe I'll try slim
14 instead.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 A printer consists of three main parts: the case, the jammed paper tray
21 and the blinking red light.