From: Simon <turner25@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sync'ing two computers (not related to emerge)
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 22:16:00
1 > http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/5976
2 > http://kitenet.net/~joey/svnhome/
3 > http://www.google.com/search?q=homedir+version+control
4
5 Hey thanks Stroller,
6 I'd be interested in these solutions, but i dont have enough space
7 to copy everything in double (keep a backup). So what i do, and this
8 is why i need unison, is that my older computer is the backup of my
9 newer computer. Only a few files here and there are not copied over
10 (those that are computer specific).
11
12 But your idea was very good and I'll keep note of it... I'm thinking
13 on buying a hard drive as soon as it becomes possible (unfortunately
14 in my situation, this may not happen until a few more months) and when
15 i get that, I'll set it up as a central repository (if i havent' found
16 any better solution until then).
17
18 Thanks!