From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sync'ing two computers (not related to emerge)
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 04:01:04
1 On 2 May 2009, at 22:33, Simon wrote:
2 > ...
3 > I've been using unison to synchronise and backup my computers.
4 > unison is based on rsync IIRC but with the difference that it
5 > 'remembers' the state of the folder that was synchronised. This
6 > way, if I delete a file on A, when sync'ing it will be deleted on
7 > B. While rsync would leave the file on B...
8 >
9 > I see rsync as a very good 'cp' program, but I need something that
10 > can deal with conflicts (file changed on both hosts/directories) and
11 > can propagate changes like deletes properly. ...
14 http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/5976
15 http://kitenet.net/~joey/svnhome/
16
17 http://www.google.com/search?q=homedir+version+control