From: Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, bulliver@×××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Annulation of modified USE flag settings
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 14:56:08
1 From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
2 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Annulation of modified USE flag settings
3 Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 07:41:06 -0700
4
5 > quoth the Meino Christian Cramer:
6 > > Hi,
7 > >
8 > > I want to say to emerge/ebuild:"Please use the original USE flags
9 > > from make.conf and the ebuild-stuff. Ignore whatever I gave you on the
10 > > commandline some time ago."
11 > >
12 > > How can I achieve this ?
13 >
14 > If I understand you correctly, you don't have to worry, just re-emerge
15 > whatever. When you pass USE flags on the commandline they take affect for
16 > that particular build only. That is, they are not recorded anywhere, and are
17 > not permanent.
18 >
19 > > Thanks a lot for any hjelp in advance!
20 > >
21 > > keep hacking!
22 > > mcc
23 >
24 > -d
25 > --
26 > darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
27 > "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
28 > - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972
29 > --
30 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
33 I dont thnk so, because
34
35 emerge -pv <package>
36
37 reports the flags set via commandline with an aterisk attached, for
38 example
41 USE="png X* jpg"
42
43 where "X" was set via commandline.