From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How many people use KDE?
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 16:56:42
1 On Sunday 22 January 2006 16:57, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > Is there no 'kde-light' to get me the environment without all the
4 > zillions of apps, etc.?
5
6 Yes, with kde split ebuilds it's actually possible to build a "light" kde
7 system. Just emerge kdebase-startkde and build from there adding the
8 apps you need (usually, kicker, konsole and konqueror are enough to give
9 you an usable desktop, but I must admit that the notion of "usable" is
10 very subjective; anyway, I hope you get the idea).
11
12 In fact, you can have a functional kde desktop by installing no more than
13 20-30 applications among the "zillions" you mentioned before :)
14
15 HTH
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list