From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no mouse nor keyboard on X
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 14:01:43
1 On 5/8/10, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Saturday 08 May 2010 14:48:13 Francisco Ares wrote:
3 >> Hi, guys,
4 >>
5 >> After quite a long update list of packages (100+) and a reboot, I could
6 >> not
7 >> work in any window or desktop manager I have installed.
8 >>
9 >> I rebooted (the ACPI power switch worked fine) and managed to get
10 >> interactive action during the init scripts and did not allowed "xdm" to
11 >> start.
12 >>
13 >> Then I was able to use normaly the keyboard and mouse ("gpm"). Forced
14 >> reinstall of xorg-server, xorg-drivers, xorg-cf-files, xdm, kdm (also, in
15 >> my case, nvidia-drivers) and tryed to use Window Maker - no mouse
16 >> movements, although the pointer was there, and no visible keyboard effect.
17 >>
18 >> Any hints on how to get things back?
19 >
20 > What version of xorg-server?
21 > It gives an elog, did you read it?
22 > What input driver?
23 > If you upgraded to xorg-server-1.8, did you disable hal and enable udev?
24 > Are you using the evdev driver?
27 > --
28 > alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
31 Yep, using evdev, and that seems to be the issue: there are log file
32 lines complaining about different versions:
33
34 (II) Module evdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
35 compiled for 1.6.5, module version = 2.3.2
36 Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
37 ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 4.0
38 (EE) module ABI major version (4) doesn't match server's version (7)
39
40 installed:
41 - xorg-drivers-1.7
42 - xorg-server-1.7.6
43 - xorg-x11-7.4-r1
44 - xorg-cf-files-1.0.3
45
46 I have just re-emerged them all, with no results.
47
48 Thanks
49 --
50 "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then
51 you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and
52 I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have
53 two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw