From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: off-topic: logitech mice (MX1000)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 04:33:33
1 At Thu, 17 Dec 2009 06:26:57 +0800 Bruce Hill <bruce@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 04:36:45PM -0500, Albert Hopkins wrote:
4 >> FWIW, I have a Logitech mouse with a wheel that scrolls up and down,
5 >> presses down, and clicks left and right. All seem to work fine, except
6 >> I don't use the latter as I haven't found any purpose for it although I
7 >> could possibly see it replacing ALT-Tab. Nah... to confusing.
8 >>
9 >> -a
10 >
11 > What settings do you use for all those events? I have a mouse with right/left
12 > buttons, scroll wheel that also tilts right/left, and two side buttons.
13 > Nothing works atm but regular right/left, scroll wheel to scroll and press to
14 > paste, and side buttons. So scroll wheel tilt does nothing.
15
16 Perhaps it does something and the app ignores it.
17 xev will settle that question.
18
19 Also, are you using the right driver. I use xorg.conf and have
20 Section "InputDevice"
21 Identifier "Logitech MX1000"
22 Driver "evdev"
23 Option "Device" "/dev/input/event2"