From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox crashes on some www-pages on a newer Gentoo system
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 11:34:41
1 вс, 16 сент. 2018 г. в 11:09, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
2 >
3 > Mick wrote:
4 > > On Sunday, 16 September 2018 08:19:30 BST gevisz wrote:
5 > >> пт, 7 сент. 2018 г. в 19:05, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
6 > >>> On Friday, 7 September 2018 16:32:40 BST gevisz wrote:
7 > >>>
8 > >>> Something else I came across causing FF crashes here, was a bug with
9 > >>> profile- sync-daemon (recent thread of mine refers). I don't know if you
10 > >>> use psd, but I wasn't aware of this psd bug when you posted about your
11 > >>> problems. I only mention it now as another thing to check next time you
12 > >>> have FF crashing on you.
13 > >> Thank you for additional information.
14 > >>
15 > >> I have read in this mailing list (may be it was your thread) that using
16 > >> profiles in firefox is another source of crashes. So, I do not use
17 > >> profiles, and now hope that it means that I do not use psd as well. :)
18 > > Ah! No, they are too different things.
19 > >
20 > > I have not read anywhere that the use of multiple user profiles causes FF to
21 > > crash. Perhaps some addons may do.
22 > > <<SNIP>>
23 >
24 > I have nine Firefox profiles here. Any problems I have had have turned
25 > out to be a bad add on. Sometimes I turn off auto update and new
26 > Firefox doesn't like old add on.
27
28 Probably, you meant that problems with old add ons arise when firefox
29 auto update is turned on. If so, I do agree.
30
31 > It is rare that I have Firefox crash.
32
33 Unfortunately, even a rare Firefox crash has long standing consequences. :(
34
35 > It may get slow at times but it keeps chugging along. Generally I have
36 > four or five profiles running and sometimes even more. I use different
37 > profiles for different tasks with different add ons. I've noticed that
38 > the more add ons one has, the slower it tends to get. I sort of spread
39 > them out a bit.
40
41 If multiple Firefox profiles do not increase the probability of its crash
42 any more, than it is a good news because they are really useful.
43
44 Anyway, I still afraid to use them so far.