From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel config for Docker
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 08:31:40
1 On Sunday, 17 May 2020 00:58:54 BST Andrew Udvare wrote:
2 > On 16/05/2020 13:12, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > I can't find any of those. Any clues for the uninitiated?
4 >
5 > I am running Docker fine on 5.6.12 and I am missing a lot:
6
7 --->8
8
9 > In regards to NF options, I use nftables and I manage the firewall
10 > manually for Docker (I set {"iptables": false} in
11 > /etc/docker/daemon.json). Docker has been extremely slow at adopting
12 > nftables.
13
14 I'm still pretty much in the dark about setting up nftables and iptables in
15 the kernel config. Not to worry, though; I dare say it'll become clearer in
16 time.
17
18 > You definitely do not need zfs installed to use Docker. This machine
19 > doesn't have it.
20 >
21 > As Victor stated, CFQ is deprecated and gone and BFQ will work fine. And
22 > the script is basically for Red Hat (or corporate) users who still use
23 > iptables, CFQ, ext3 apparently, and a much older kernel.
24 >
25 > On my slightly stabler server (running 5.4.38), this is the output and
26 > Docker still works fine. Again on that server I use nftables and manage
27 > the firewall manually. The system has ext4 for its root and the rest of
28 > it is ZFS.
29
30 --->8
31
32 Thanks gents. I'll just try it and see what happens.
35 Regards,
36 Peter.