From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] This nite's switch to "full multilib"
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 10:59:32
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 04:12:59 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Dang. I had to add about 90 packages to my package.use and some more to
5 >> the keyword file.
6 >>
7 >> I wonder if make.conf would be better in my case too? My use file just
8 >> grew my a huge amount.
9 > You package.use has grown by one filesystem block at most, how much extra
10 > disk space and CPU cycles would you use by compiling 32 bit options for
11 > every package that has them?
14 I wasn't worried about disk space, just that I rarely use entries in
15 that file. Heck, it's enough to manage the other package.* files already.
19 > If you use a single file for package.use, it does make it far more
20 > cumbersome to manage, but that's why I switched to separate files many
21 > years ago.
25 I've tried separate files and having them all in one file. Either way,
26 each entry requires a person to manage it. For me at least, it's six of
27 one and half a dozen of the other. ;-)
28
29 Dale
30