From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] This nite's switch to "full multilib"
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 10:35:01
1 On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 04:12:59 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > Dang. I had to add about 90 packages to my package.use and some more to
4 > the keyword file.
5 >
6 > I wonder if make.conf would be better in my case too? My use file just
7 > grew my a huge amount.
8
9 You package.use has grown by one filesystem block at most, how much extra
10 disk space and CPU cycles would you use by compiling 32 bit options for
11 every package that has them?
12
13 If you use a single file for package.use, it does make it far more
14 cumbersome to manage, but that's why I switched to separate files many
15 years ago.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Sigh - An amplifier for people who suffer in silence