From: Kristian Poul Herkild <kristian@×××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] (SOLVED) VFS: cannot open root device "hdd2" on unknown-block(0,0)
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 14:53:28
1 Neil Bothwick skrev:
2 >
3 > There is a kind of logic to that; if you fit a bootable PCI controller,
4 > there's a good chance you want to boot from it, so it appears first.
5 >
6 > If your root partition is not on this controller's disks, you can compile
7 > the driver as a module, then /dev/hd[a-d] will already be allocated to
8 > the onboard controller before it is loaded.
12 IT WORKS! IT WORKS! :D
13
14 Thanks for confirming my theory and suggesting compiling support as a
15 module (should've thought of that).
16
17 IT WORKS!! :D :D :D
18
19 ...
22 But I still think it's a kind of perverted logic, but it works :D -
23 thank you thank you :)
24
25 Now, my dear oracle. Please tell me Denmark beats Spain tonight ;)
26
27 Kind Regards
28 Kristian Poul Herkild
29 --