From: Sascha Hlusiak <saschahlusiak@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
Cc: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] x looses ctrl, alt and shift keys
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:46:04
1 Am Mittwoch 19 Dezember 2007 10:27:28 schrieb Neil Bothwick:
2 > On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:56:12 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
3 > > the only thing i can think of that might affect this is vmware or vnc.
4 > > i'm using both a lot at the moment, so perhaps something to do with the
5 > > keyboard grabbing is affecting x -question mark- however closing both
6 > > vnc and vmware don't fix it...
7 >
8 > I've had this happen from time to time, and always when using VMware (I
9 > rarely use VNC). As with you, quitting VMware doesn't help, only logging
10 > out and back in.
11 >
12 > I've no idea if the desktop is relevant, I'm using KDE.
13
14 I have this too when using vmware and it seems that somehow just the keymap
15 screws up.
16
17 I run kcontrol, activate the keyboard layout switcher (with 2 languages in it)
18 and once it's activated I can deactivate it again (or switch the language
19 back and forth). Then it works again.
22 Sascha