From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Vidwhacker screensaver and live TV
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 00:59:35
1 On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 19:30 -0500, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2
3 > I'm using gnome-2.12.3. I went to the Advanced tab of Xscreensaver
4 > (v4.24, if it matters). The only thing checked was Grab Video Frames in
5 > the Image Manipulation group and Fade to Black When Blanking. I went
6 > back to Vidwhacker settings. I removed the image directory and hit OK,
7 > but when I hit the Preview button, I get XScreensaver error
8 > "vidwhacker: no data? What am I doing wrong?
9
10 next thing to do would be to check what device xscreensaver uses for
11 video capture. Maybe you have to make a symlink to your /dev/v4l/video0
12
13 maybe /dev/video0? I'm only guessing...
18 The only really decent thing to do behind a person's back is pat it.
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list