From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Vidwhacker screensaver and live TV
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 00:41:01
1 On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 09:39 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 18:43 -0500, Michael Sullivan wrote:
3 > > I have a question about the Vidwhacker screensaver. In the comment on
4 > > the Settings tab for screensaver settings in Gnome, it says that
5 > > vidwhacker "works really well if you just feed live broadcast TV into
6 > > it." I'm a little confused on how to set this up.
7 >
8 > You need to select "grab video frames", not "choose random images", in
9 > the xscreensaver advanced tab. (leave the vidwhacker image directory
10 > blank also).
11 >
12 > That's if you're using gnome-2.12.
13
14 I'm using gnome-2.12.3. I went to the Advanced tab of Xscreensaver
15 (v4.24, if it matters). The only thing checked was Grab Video Frames in
16 the Image Manipulation group and Fade to Black When Blanking. I went
17 back to Vidwhacker settings. I removed the image directory and hit OK,
18 but when I hit the Preview button, I get XScreensaver error
19 "vidwhacker: no data? What am I doing wrong?
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list