From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Vidwhacker screensaver and live TV
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 00:16:35
1 On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 18:43 -0500, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > I have a question about the Vidwhacker screensaver. In the comment on
3 > the Settings tab for screensaver settings in Gnome, it says that
4 > vidwhacker "works really well if you just feed live broadcast TV into
5 > it." I'm a little confused on how to set this up.
6
7 You need to select "grab video frames", not "choose random images", in
8 the xscreensaver advanced tab. (leave the vidwhacker image directory
9 blank also).
10
11 That's if you're using gnome-2.12. For gnome 2.14 you'd be using
12 gnome-screensaver. So far, with gnome-screensaver, you have to edit the
13 vidwhacker.desktop file by hand I think.
14
15 HTH,
19 System going down in 5 minutes.
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list