From: Dave Jones <Dave.Jones@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - openssh and ldap
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:31:25
1 Michael Sullivan wrote on 04/20/06 23:31:
2 > I rebooted my server box this morning. On a few of the output lines
3 > during bootup (noteably sshd and mysqld) it said "Could not connect to
4 > LDAP server" (or something like that). To my knowledge, I don't have an
5 > ldap server installed on my server box. Ssh from client machines is
6 > extremely slow to connect. I checked eix -SS ldap and the only ldap
7 > package I have installed on the server box is openldap. I
8 > checked /etc/make.conf to ensure that ldap was not listed as a USE flag,
9 > and then typed "emerge -pv openssh" Here's the output:
10
11 > bullet etc # emerge -av openssh
12
13 > These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
14
15 > Calculating dependencies ...done!
16 > [ebuild R ] net-misc/openssh-4.3_p2-r1 -X509 -chroot -hpn -ipv6
17 > +kerberos +ldap -libedit +pam (-selinux) -sftplogging -skey -smartcard
18 > -static +tcpd 0 kB
19
20 > Is there any danger in me adding "net-misc/openssh -ldap"
21 > to /etc/portage/package.use? Will it speed up the connection process?
22 > It was never a problem until today...
23
24 You've got the ldap USE flag because you have openldap installed.
25
26 No need to recompile sshd, just comment out the LDAP related lines in
27 your /etc/ssh/sshd_config and restart sshd.
28
29 Cheers, Dave
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list