From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] purchasing a dell laptop
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 18:16:13
1 On 24/06/2015 19:35, gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jun 24 2015, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >
4 >> One more thing I can add: From observation, I can say that Dell has 2 or
5 >> more grades of kit they sell:
6 >>
7 >> 1. Cheap shit. You find these in supermarkets and Walmart. It's just as
8 >> crappy as all the other cheap shit around with the same bargain basement
9 >> price.
10 >
11 > They call this inspiron
12 >
13 >> 2. Good stuff like the Precision and XPS range. You tend not to find
14 >> these at Walmart, and have to go to a proper dealer for them, or your
15 >> workplace has a scheme to provide them.
16 >
17 > These tend to be big or specialized or super-graphics. Latitude is the
18 > line for "normal" business.
21 Yes, that's the ones :-)
25 Alan McKinnon
26 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com