From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] purchasing a dell laptop
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 17:35:35
1 On Wed, Jun 24 2015, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > One more thing I can add: From observation, I can say that Dell has 2 or
4 > more grades of kit they sell:
5 >
6 > 1. Cheap shit. You find these in supermarkets and Walmart. It's just as
7 > crappy as all the other cheap shit around with the same bargain basement
8 > price.
9
10 They call this inspiron
11
12 > 2. Good stuff like the Precision and XPS range. You tend not to find
13 > these at Walmart, and have to go to a proper dealer for them, or your
14 > workplace has a scheme to provide them.
15
16 These tend to be big or specialized or super-graphics. Latitude is the
17 line for "normal" business.
18
19 allan