From: Stuart Howard <stuart@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Bandwidth monitor on per service/program basis
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 09:10:15
1 Ideal
2
3 nethogs seems just right, thanks for the reply.
4
5 stu
6
7 On Friday 04 November 2005 23:41, Marc Christiansen wrote:
8 > Stuart Howard <stuart.g.howard@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > > I am looking to find a tool that will allow me to monitor which
10 > > applications or services are utilising my network and hence bandwidth.
11 > > Now I have found loads of useful tools that can offer me
12 > > representations of the interface but little that breaks it down on a
13 > > time basis and per program basis.
14 > > If anyone has a suggestion of a ready built application it will be
15 > > welcome, prefer it to be console based for ssh [with a nice gui at
16 > > home, if I am being greedy ].
17 >
18 > You could try nethogs:
19 >
20 > * net-analyzer/nethogs
21 > Latest version available: 0.6.0
22 > Latest version installed: 0.6.0
23 > Size of downloaded files: 19 kB
24 > Homepage: http://nethogs.sf.net/
26 > License: GPL-1
27 >
28 > It's console only, though, so you'll have to reign in your greed ;-)
29 >
30 > Marc
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list