From: Marc Christiansen <usenet@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Bandwidth monitor on per service/program basis
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 02:07:00
1 Stuart Howard <stuart.g.howard@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I am looking to find a tool that will allow me to monitor which
3 > applications or services are utilising my network and hence bandwidth.
4 > Now I have found loads of useful tools that can offer me
5 > representations of the interface but little that breaks it down on a
6 > time basis and per program basis.
7 > If anyone has a suggestion of a ready built application it will be
8 > welcome, prefer it to be console based for ssh [with a nice gui at
9 > home, if I am being greedy ].
10
11 You could try nethogs:
12
13 * net-analyzer/nethogs
14 Latest version available: 0.6.0
15 Latest version installed: 0.6.0
16 Size of downloaded files: 19 kB
17 Homepage: http://nethogs.sf.net/
19 License: GPL-1
20
21 It's console only, though, so you'll have to reign in your greed ;-)
22
23 Marc
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list