From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] :-@ Reversing xorg-server, hal and evdev.
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 19:32:02
1 pk wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi folks.
5 >>
6 >> Word of warning. I been upset before, I have even been mad before,
7 >> right now, I'm pissed. This is not normal for me but it is what it is.
8 >>
9 >> I tried the new xorg with the hal flag turned on. Let's just say it was
10 >> a nightmare, AGAIN. I want my old way back to say it lightly. I put
11 >> -hal in package.use for xorg-server. I put my old xorg.conf file back
12 >> as well. I re-emerged the keyboard, mouse, video and evdev just in case
13 >> it mattered. I also re-emerged xorg-server. My problem you ask. The
14 >> nvidia drivers won't load. It defaults to the nv drivers. No splash
15 >> screen anymore. Also, my mouse wheel doesn't work anymore either. That
16 >> really set me off. I use my wheel as much as I use the left button.
19 > You might be glad to know that HAL is going away then.
20 >
21 > http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/devkit-devel/2009-April/000140.html
22 >
23 > ... I know I am... :-)
24 >
25 > Best regards
26 >
27 > Peter K
32 That sounds great to me. I hope it will be easier for everybody than
33 this hal, evdev thing.
34
35 I notice there is something devkit in portage already. I wonder if they
36 are already working on it? I hope so.
37
38 Dale
39