From: Rumen Yotov <rumen_yotov@×××.bg>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anybody know where to ftp genpatches-2.6.12-7.base.tar.bz2?
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:51:55
1 Dave Nebinger wrote:
2
3 >>Dave Nebinger wrote:
6 >>>The only question I would have is why a new ebuild would be released
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >>before
12 >>>the genpatches tarballs were made available in the distfiles...
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >>Wouldn't
18 >>>the genpatches tarballs be requirements for the new ebuild?
19 >>>
20 >>>
21 >>I always wait until the patches appear on the mother mirror before
22 >>releasing
23 >>the ebuild. I think you are just unlucky in the mirrors you have tried.
24 >>
25 >>It can be found here, and should have made itself onto all of the other
26 >>mirrors by now.
27 >>
28 >>http://gentoo.osuosl.org/distfiles/genpatches-2.6.12-7.base.tar.bz2
32 >Don't get me wrong, Daniel, I'm not trying to point any fingers here nor am
33 >I trying to ruffle anyone's feathers...
34 >
35 >My sync occurred last night at 12:10 am EST but I didn't get a chance to
36 >emerge -uD world until around 11am EST this morning. I searched through
37 >10-15 ftp mirrors manually looking for the file and it hadn't been released
38 >anywhere that I could see.
39 >
40 >That's why I had asked about the ebuild being available (somewhat
41 >significantly) before the dependent files were also available.
42 >
43 >Perhaps this is an issue on my end, that the sync that I'm automatically
44 >performing at 12:10 am EST is during some synchronization window that I'm
45 >not aware of since I got the ebuild before the distfile sync.
46 >
47 >Dave
48 >
49 Hi,
50 Some time ago a mail (here) suggested to put
51 "http://mirror.datapipe.net/gentoo" as the last entry in /etc/make.conf
52 explaining this to be the main/parent gentoo mirror site. Have it in my
53 make.conf too. Opinions somebody.
54 HTH. Rumen

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature