From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Anybody know where to ftp genpatches-2.6.12-7.base.tar.bz2?
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:19:35
1 > Dave Nebinger wrote:
2 > > The only question I would have is why a new ebuild would be released
3 > before
4 > > the genpatches tarballs were made available in the distfiles...
5 > Wouldn't
6 > > the genpatches tarballs be requirements for the new ebuild?
7 >
8 > I always wait until the patches appear on the mother mirror before
9 > releasing
10 > the ebuild. I think you are just unlucky in the mirrors you have tried.
11 >
12 > It can be found here, and should have made itself onto all of the other
13 > mirrors by now.
14 >
15 > http://gentoo.osuosl.org/distfiles/genpatches-2.6.12-7.base.tar.bz2
16
17 Don't get me wrong, Daniel, I'm not trying to point any fingers here nor am
18 I trying to ruffle anyone's feathers...
19
20 My sync occurred last night at 12:10 am EST but I didn't get a chance to
21 emerge -uD world until around 11am EST this morning. I searched through
22 10-15 ftp mirrors manually looking for the file and it hadn't been released
23 anywhere that I could see.
24
25 That's why I had asked about the ebuild being available (somewhat
26 significantly) before the dependent files were also available.
27
28 Perhaps this is an issue on my end, that the sync that I'm automatically
29 performing at 12:10 am EST is during some synchronization window that I'm
30 not aware of since I got the ebuild before the distfile sync.
31
32 Dave
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list