From: Remy Blank <remy.blank_asps@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: x11-drivers/ati-drivers and latest kernel (stable)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 20:30:11
1 > I had the display corruption on logout also (happened when I try to
2 > switch to a console or restart xdm too). After going back and forward
3 > through many version of ati-drivers, it mysteriously disappeared! I
4 > have been playing around with a lot of kernels and ati-driver versions
5 > to try and get a stable combination that gave decent frame rates.
6 >
7 > This is what I ended up with (I'm using ~x86):
8 >
9 > suspend2-sources-2.6.15-r4
10 > ati-drivers-8.21.7
11
12 Thanks for your replies.
13
14 I was compiling gentoo-sources-2.6.14-r5 and thought, let's give
15 ati-drivers-8.20.8 a chance, and emerged it for 2.6.15-r1. I seems to
16 work so far (~5 logouts and ~10 switches to console).
17
18 So my working combination is (Rage Mobility 9600 on Dell Inspiron 8600):
19
20 gentoo-sources-2.6.15-r1
21 ati-drivers-8.20.8
22
23 I'll leave it at that (if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?)
24
25 Thanks again.
26 -- Remy
29 Remove underscore and suffix in reply address for a timely response.
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list