From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /etc/portage/package.keywords '/'
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:52:28
1 On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 20:36:48 +0530, Mrugesh Karnik wrote:
2
3 > > I ve heard about /etc/portage/package.keywords directory instead of
4 > > file. So now what is the read priodity for files in ?
5
6 > There is no priority file. You can use package.keywords file itself.
7 > The directory feature is to give more flexibility. For example, I had
8 > separate files inside package.keywords directory for KDE, xgl, java,
9 > XFCE etc. IIRC, the files will be concatenated and interpreted as a
10 > single file by portage.
11
12 I suspect the OP was asking in which order they are read. It could be an
13 issue in the case that you have different entries that match the
14 same package in two files. In this case, how would portage handle it?
15
16 With the single file, at least i the case of package.use, portage took
17 the last entry. It would be better if it gave a warning instead, this
18 sort of thing is rarely intended.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 WinErr 00C: Memory hog error - More Ram needed. More! More! More!