From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Preventing new versions of gentoo-sources…
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 18:11:00
1 Kai Peter wrote:
2 >>
3 >> The bad thing about this, sometimes I have to use exclude gentoo-sources
4 >> from things such as --depclean.  It's annoying but it's the only way I
5 >> could come up with to do this.
6 >>
7 > You can do an 'emerge --noreplace' - one time.
11 I read the man page for this option, I'm not sure how it would help.
12 All that does is prevent it from recording that it is installed in the
13 world file.  Since I have -1 set as a default, it does that when I
14 emerge single packages already.  If I want to keep it and it not be
15 --depcleaned, then I use -n --select y to add it to the world file.
16 Thing is, some packages require some sort of kernel to be installed as a
17 dependency last I checked.
18
19 Or am I missing something?
20