From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Udev update and persistent net rules changes
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 16:03:18
1 On 02-Apr-13 21:58, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 02/04/2013 21:41, Tanstaafl wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Are you saying that now, with udev-200, the default is the OLD way, and
5 >> you have to intentionally enable the NEW way??
6 >
7 > No, you are stilling misunderstanding. The news item goes to great
8 > lengths to explain that there is a new way and it is different from the
9 > old way.
10 >
11 > Jarry mentioned an EMPTY file, not an absent file. The ebuild does not
12 > install an empty file, so it is not the default.
13
14 Well, believe me or not, but I had "empty" (only comments) file
15 /etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-name-slot.rules :
16
17 ------
18 # Udev 197 and above has implemented predictable network interface names
19 ...
20 # To activate this function, move this file to a name that doesn't end
21 # in .rules, or remove it then reboot your system
22 ------
23
24 And I am pretty sure I did not create it manually, so it must have
25 come previously with some stable package, maybe udev197 (it has
26 25-Jan-2013 time-stamp).
27
28 So yes, I had to "activate" new interface names manually by
29 renaming the above mentioned file...
30
31 Jarry
32 --
34 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
35 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.