From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} reverse DNS problem?
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 15:46:56
1 On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Grant<emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > When I try to send an email to a ucla.edu email address from my hosted
3 > server, the message bounces and I'm directed to this page:
4 >
5 > http://info.smtp.ucla.edu/faq.php
6 >
7 > which says:
8 >
9 > "The gateway disallows direct connections from residential broadband
10 > systems, from other dynamically allocated IP addresses, or from hosts
11 > with "generic" reverse DNS entries (ie, a variation of A-B-C-D.isp.com
12 > for D.C.B.A)."
13 >
14 > I do get this:
15 >
16 > $ ping -c 1 mydomain.com
17 > PING mydomain.com (m.y.i.p) 56(84) bytes of data.
18 > 64 bytes from p.i.y.m.static.reverse.myhost.com (m.y.i.p): icmp_seq=1
19 > ttl=49 time=1267 ms
20 >
21 > Does anyone know how to fix this?
22
23 Have the company from whom you get your static IP set up the reverse
24 DNS to be your domain rather than the generic myhost.com address.