From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing a nuissance message regarding FreeFontPath on exitting X
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:12:49
1 On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 02:40:52 +0000
2 Nick <gentoo-user@××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > Hi there,
5 >
6 > My gentoo system is now in the lovely state that I can start asking
7 > more asthetic, perfectionist questions.
8 >
9 > Every time I quit X (after starting with startx, regardless of
10 > window manager) I get the message:
11 >
12 > FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/" refcount is
13 > 2, should be 1; fixing.
14 >
15 > Evidently it doesn't do a very good job of fixing, as the message
16 > appears every time. I tried mkfontcache etc to no avail, and was
17 > wondering if anyone else experiences this, what it means, and how to
18 > stop it complaining?
19 >
20 > Thanks for any advice / clues.
23 > Nick
26 heh, i've been getting that message for years now. never really
27 thought too much about fixing it, but it'd be nice to get rid of it...
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list