From: sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Printer Setup
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 01:04:45
1 sean wrote:
2 > sean wrote:
3 >> I am trying to get my locally attached printer to work, first time setup.
4 >>
5 >> Followed the instructions and so far nothing.
6 >> I am using the default cups.conf setup, and have enabled the kernel
7 >> support
8 >>
9 >> Device Drivers -->
10 >> <*> Parallel port support
11 >> <*> PC-style hardware
12 >>
13 >> Device Drivers -->
14 >> Character Devices -->
15 >> <*> Parallel printer support
16 >>
17 >> as the instructions state.
18 >>
19 >> Doing an lpq gives the following
20 >>
21 >> lpq: error - no default destination available.
22 >> tardis sean #
23 >>
24 >> Would anyone be able to give me an ideas on how to get this thing
25 >> running?
26 >> Hopefully I included all needed information.
27 >>
28 >> Thanks in advance
29 >> Sean
30 >
31 > A little more
32 >
33 > Doing a
34 > dmesg | grep -i print
35 > drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: v0.13: USB Printer Device Class driver
36 >
37 > shows me the previous. I am on a parallel port.
40 Well I do seem to have managed to fire the printer up.
41
42 Thanks anyway everyone.
43 Hopefully no other problems.
44 --