From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 20:31:27
1 On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 10:18:50 PM Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 12/04/2016 22:01, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 > > On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:31:28 +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:
4 > >>> I have ksnapshot in @world, so depclean didn't touch it. It
5 > >>> still works fine. Spectacle and ksnapshot block each other, but if
6 > >>> you unmerge spectacle you may be able to get a working ksnapshot
7 > >>> back, at least for now.
8 > >>
9 > >> I know, had to copy a meta-ebuild ( kdegraphics-meta ) into my local
10 > >> overlay and modify it to pick ksnapshot though. As the later version
11 > >> only allows Spectacle.
12 > >
13 > > I don't use the meta packages, preferring to define my own set with the
14 > > packages I want, so I wasn't aware of Spectacle. I've just tried it an is
15 > > seems to do much the same as ksnapshot, just with a lot more white space
16 > > in the UI - but WTF do they block one another, they're only screen shot
17 > > programs?
18 >
19 > There doesn't seem to be a good technical reason, maybe it's as simple
20 > as the maintainer thought there shouldn't be two competing apps with the
21 > same functionality?
22 >
23 > I unblocked them here, and re-emerged both. Nothing extra was pulled in,
24 > so there are no conflicting libs.
25 >
26 > Unfortunately I can't attach a screenshot as proof - both remove their
27 > own window to do the capture :-)
28
29 Find a 3rd one to do it with.
30 Or take a picture with a mobile phone? :)
33 Joost