From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Plasma5: Missing shutdown, restart and suspend button
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 22:26:08
1 On 10/13/2017 03:10 PM, Ramon Fischer wrote:
2 > Hello everyone,
3 >
4 > I successfully installed Gentoo with Plasma5 for the first time on first
5 > try (yay!) and now I am going to fix stuff and ran into an issue with
6 > missing buttons in the kde menu as mentioned in the subject.
7 >
8 > I followed all these instructions: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/KDE
9 > One guess is that it could be OpenRC because I actually selected the
10 > systemd profile for kde.
11 >
12 > I am done with my debug-fu at this point. :)
13 >
14 > In the attachment you will find a lot of information. Customized parts
15 > are marked with "# custom".
16 >
17 > Thanks!
18 > -Ramon
19
20 Are you using openrc? It is possible it's looking for systemd to provide
21 the shutdown and reboot options.
22
23 If you're not using systemd, switch to the non-systemd plasma profile
24 and issue `emerge -auDN world`.
25
26 Dan