From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Plasma5: Missing shutdown, restart and suspend button
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 01:28:11
1 On 10/14/2017 09:25 AM, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 10/13/2017 03:10 PM, Ramon Fischer wrote:
3 >> Hello everyone,
4 >>
5 >> I successfully installed Gentoo with Plasma5 for the first time on
6 >> first try (yay!) and now I am going to fix stuff and ran into an issue
7 >> with missing buttons in the kde menu as mentioned in the subject.
8 >>
9 >> I followed all these instructions: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/KDE
10 >> One guess is that it could be OpenRC because I actually selected the
11 >> systemd profile for kde.
12 >>
13 >> I am done with my debug-fu at this point. :)
14 >>
15 >> In the attachment you will find a lot of information. Customized parts
16 >> are marked with "# custom".
17 >>
18 >> Thanks!
19 >> -Ramon
20 >
21 > Are you using openrc? It is possible it's looking for systemd to provide
22 > the shutdown and reboot options.
23 >
24 > If you're not using systemd, switch to the non-systemd plasma profile
25 > and issue `emerge -auDN world`.
26 >
27 > Dan
31 If openrc is being used, check out this article:
32 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/KDE/Troubleshooting#Missing_shutdown.2Freboot.2Fsuspend.2Fhibernate_buttons_.28with_consolekit.29
33
34 Another option (that works well for me) is to use elogind.